JAMES NIELSEN SCHOLARSHIP
2018 AWARD WINNER
Updated Sunday December 30, 2018 by TSC.
The Terryville Soccer Club is PROUD to announce the JAMES NIELSEN SCHOLARSHIP
The 2018 James Nielsen Scholarship is awarded to EMILY SANDERS.
- Emily started playing for the Terryville Soccer Club at age the age of 4 in our Intramural Program. She played from the years 2005-2009.
- Emily started refereeing for the Terryville Soccer Club in 2013 and still is currently refereeing with the club.
- Emily through the years has assisted with various camps by our training partner Attacking Soccer Academy.
- Emily is a 3 time member of the US National Youth Futsal Team and has represented the United States in futsal competitions in Costa Rica and twice in Colombia.
- Emily will be graduating from St Anthony’s High School in June. She currently has a 3.8 GPA.
- As a Friar she played outside defense and has won 2 State Championships in 2017 & 2018.
- Emily was recruited by numerous colleges including local colleges CW Post, Stony Brook, Mercy, and NYIT.
- But instead she has decided to accept an offer to play soccer in North Carolina for the University of Mount Olive. She will major in Computer Science and Criminal Justice.